When you need to find a hiab or telehandler company to help with the completion of jobs such as switch changes or TME cabinet installation you need one with a vast amount of experience and professionalism. RE Plant have been an established plant hire company for almost fifty years and give customers a reliable and prompt service every job.
Health & safety
As installation of electrical equipment can be highly dangerous, RE Plant take health and safety very seriously and make it paramount to keep all associated certifications up-to-date. RE Plant drivers are also rigorously trained to meet the requirements of giving you the highest possible service.
Transformer installation & transport
A prompt and reliable service is what RE Plant promote, and with enormous amount of experience you can rest assured that the job will be completed not only quickly but to the highest standard possible. RE Plant haibs and telehandlers are also available 24 hours a day, so when a fault happens it can be dealt with promptly.
- Able to carry transformer and switch gear from depot to site as well a install it.
- Fly jib can be used to install pole type transformers.
- Getting the job done quickly and safely, keeping your customers happy.
- Only experienced drivers are employed by RE Plant.
As cable drums are awkward to both lift and carry, you need a company that has both experience and the knowledge to carry out the job. With almost five decades experience in lifting cable drums for various South West utility companies, you can be sure that the project is carried out safely.
- Can lift and carry a drum of up to 8ton.
- RE Plant hiab lorry makes the engineers job of installing cable easier, with the aid of lifting beam.
- Total height of cable drum allowed including height of lorry bed, 16ft.
Fiber glass enclosures (GRP’s)
RE Plant offer both hiab and telehandlers for the installation of fiber glass enclosures, this is dependent on the site location and access. If the hiab is unable to maneuver to the lift location then RE Plant will provide a telehandler to lift and locate the GRP to its designated location.
- Extension jib used when GRP is transported by telehandler.
- RE Plant forklift operator is available on request.
- Quicker and easier for engineers than assembling on site flat packed.
- Lift up to 350kg at 100ft.
- Lift up to 13ton without fly jib attachment.
- All paperwork and risk assessments can be done if need be
As RE Plant work in accordance with the UK transport law, your electrical poles will be installed and transported in a professional manor. RE Plant also can assist with changing your damaged or outdated electrical poles.
- Can both carry and install poles with hiab.
- RE Plant supply a carrying frame for the haulage of poles.
- Able to assist with H-Pole installation.
- Escort vehicle cane be provided to coincide with transport law.
RE Plant promote winch lifts when objects need to be installed in locations that need vertical lifts. With a capacity of either 3 ton for a single rope and 6 for a double, the winch lift that RE Plant provide can lift virtually all transformers or water pumps you wish to install.
- Used for straight lifting.
- Ideal when working below ground level (basements or manholes).
- Winch lifting capacity is up to 6 ton with double rope.
- Fly-jib can be used with winch to maximize reach.
Installation in awkward sites
Every so often a job that has problems in the form of access, location or ground conditions sometimes needs professional advice and solutions. RE Plant can provide expert solutions to your awkward site dilemmas with its modern fleet of hiab vehicles and telescopic fork-trucks.
- Telehandlers can be used for installing equipment in isolated locations.
- RE Plant use telehandler when crane can not get to lift location
- Site visits can be arranged to provide solutions to awkward access sites.
- Trained drivers that are experienced in maneuvering telehandlers with crab steer, sway control and 4 wheel steer can be included.